Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Starting Point

I don't have any before photos because I got started tearing down the old drywall without before I considered sharing this process.

This is the library book that convinced me I am capable of this job.Here are some photos M took of yesterday's progress:

A basic idea of what things looked like after I tore down the drywallThe first square corner and chalk linesM won't participate unless there are lasers involved
After getting a start on the chalk lines I rented a truck from Home Depot to transport some board insulation. I decided on this method because I didn't want to worry about a vapor barrier.
This is as far as I could get on my own last night. I gave up after trying three times to attach the bottom plate of the new wall and failing to drive the anchors into the concrete.

No comments: