Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Drop Cafe

Last Saturday night M, L and I met up with a friend, that we met in Japan, at The Drop Cafe (Just north of Issha station, 1min walking, on the west side of the street). The place has a fun atmosphere, cool droplet shaped light fixtures and light furniture make the place brighter than I had expected. The crowd was mix of young Japanese hipsters and older couples. The cocktail menu was extensive, however the drinks were half the size of what I am accustomed to, I tried the margarita and found it sadly watered down. With three of us being vegetarian or pescetarian we asked a server for recommendations of meals that did not contain meat, we ended up ordering margarita pizza, and cheese risotto, both of which had been recommended as vegetarian. The pizza was delicious, but small and the cheese risotto contained ham. My meal of a margarita and mini pizza cost approximately 1400yen, a bit pricey for my taste, but I'm still adjusting the cost of things here. If I return I'm likely to skip the alcoholic drinks and meals instead I'd try a smoothie or one of the deserts that prominently displayed in the entryway.

No comments: