Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Toyota Commemorative Museum

As part of my ICT training I visited the Toyota Commemorative Museum today. The museum traced the history of Toyota Motor Corporation from its beginning as a spinning and weaving company to it's present condition. The Museum focused on the technological development and production, of the very few cars in the museum most were reproductions.

The museum also had a lens exhibit as it's rotating collection it featured various antique cameras, telescopes, microscopes and slide projectors. My favorite display was a demonstration of a 100 year old projector using re colored slides of photos from the same era.

Another display that I also enjoyed was the Toyota robots, built for the 2005 world expo held in Nagoya. The robots were built to play musical instruments.


*Apologies for the sideways video, if you have a suggestion for how to correct it please let me know!

No comments: