Thursday, August 14, 2008

Small Car, Smaller Garage

The monthly cost of my garage amazes me, it's roughly 1/8th the price of my whole apartment. When my lease car (The oh so cool Ractis, with a glass roof) was delivered the delivery person insisted on parking the car in the garage himself as opposed to letting my risk scratching the car, with 6km on the odometer, because the garage is just that small.



The mirrors on the car must be folded in, a feature on (all?) cars here, halfway through the process of backing the car into the garage to make it fit. The first time I attempted to put the car in, I decided that I was going to stick with my American training and go in front first, as opposed to backing in. Lesson learned, the next day when I went to back the car out of the garage onto the one way street and found that my neighbor had parked a car on the street making in nearly impossible for me to get the car out. In a process of inching in one direction or another and then getting out of the car to check on my progress I managed to get out, but not without causing several of my elderly neighbors walking by to laugh at me.

No comments: