Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cookies Plus Kit Kat & Bonus Day & War and Peace

Today was Bonus Day at my company. In Japan most (Just my understanding, I don't have time to research the stats) companies pay bonuses twice a year and they account for a significant portion (say 35%) of an employee's yearly income. After receiving our bonus pay stubs a letter from the company president was read to the team. Here is an interesting article with more insight into how the bonus culture works in Japan.

Now updating this post for the third time. I am sleep deprived, which I try not to let happen very often, and thus have poor memory skills at the moment. One of my goals during before starting my assignment was to read War and Peace. I had this idea that I would be board and need things to occupy my time in Japan, which I quickly learned was not true. Today, with just 9 days to go, I accomplished my goal by finishing all 1400+ pages, it was well worth the read!

...and this is what I had scheduled to post today...

I give the cookies plus Kit Kat a thumbs up. The cookie part was a little more wheatie and granular than the ordinary crisp.

No comments: