Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Other Side of Tokyo

I'm starting to get worried about all the packing that needs to happen before Friday when the moving company comes to make an estimate. Rather than face the job, and am procrastinating by blogging. This past weekend R and I traveled to Tokyo, the main event being Tokyo Disneysea. As a stop on the 5 ish hour drive we went to Lake Yamanaka, one of the five lakes surrounding mt Fuji that I didn't see on my previous trip. Unfortunately most of the mountain was obscured by clouds. When we reached the Disney resort area we met up with our high school friend A, who has lived in Japan for 5 years, for bit before entering the park. It was my first trip to any Disney and honestly it isn't a place I would visit in the US, but given the number of strong recommendations it received from co-workers I thought I would give it a try. I am not much for rides, and I was terrified on the baby roller coaster that I did ride to the point of not
realizing until much later (as in long after having gotten off the ride) that it had gone outside of the 'mountain.'

On Sunday we started out at
Tokorozawa Aviation Museumand moved on to the great Buddha at Kamakura. Two things about this, first thanks to rainy season the sky really was as white as it looks, and second for just 20 yen (about $0.20) we were able to enter the belly of the Buddha.

Packing...Packing....Writing Thank You notes...Packing...agh!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

wish I was there to help pack