Saturday, April 18, 2009

Kakuozan Spring Fair

Midway through a 9 day string of flawless weather M and I visited the Kakuozan Spring Fair last Sunday afternoon.
Despite being just 4 stops from Issha it was my first time stopping at Kakuonzan. The fair closed the main street going from the station up to Nittaiji Temple and it was comprised of an art fair, performances and a few food booths. As noted by the NIC the crowd was internationally diverse, uniquely more so than any of the events I have attended in Nagoya. On our way through the art booths we were passed by an elephant and later spotted it entertaining children while trying to buy a drink from a vending machine.
Recently I have been thinking about having to buy a car when I return home (in about 90days) which has put me off wanting to spend money so, while the items available were appealing I didn’t buy anything. From the festival we continued on to Nittaiji Temple a complex in which remnants of Buddha, a gift from the king of Thailand, are housed.
Even after having visited multiple sites of the temple I am unsure which structure actually contains Buddha.

1 comment:

Lindsay-Jean said...

No! That's too soon for you to be going back! :(