Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Monet Exhibit

Yesterday, I visited the Nagoya/Boston Museum of Fine Arts (N/BMFA) to see their Monet exhibit before it concludes next Sunday. At first, I was a bit dismayed that English literature was not available, but in the second gallery I stumbled across a paper double spaced and bound book report style, sitting on a bench that explained the pieces in the exhibit. In addition to Monet other Impressionist pieces were also used displayed to explain influences an the progression of Impressionism. Being in Japan, the gallery I most enjoyed illustrated Japanese influences on Monet's work, featuring one of his paintings of a Japanese bridge as well as Japanese woodblock prints of similar subjects.

I arrived at the museum via the Kanayama station, a station with a different look from most that I have used on the Nagoya Subway.

No comments: