Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Female Drivers

During the first week after I moved to Japan I spent a lot of time with the consultant company preparing various things for my stay. On the day when I was receiving my temporary car, one of the consultants was discussing how I should be taking the driving test to get a Japanese Drivers License rather than using my International License. As I've mentioned before I'm sticking with the international License, the Japanese driving test is notoriously difficult for unpractical reasons. After her persuasion attempts failed, she turned to M and said ''You'll have no problem, men pass on the first try, but most women take three times to pass.'' I wonder how the female driving instructor that the consulting company employs would feel about this comment.

No comments: