Friday, October 3, 2008

Stove Top & Fish Broiler Cooking 1

As if it isn't hard enough to think of something to make for dinner, my meal preparation situation is made more difficult by long hours at the office, not eating meat, no oven or microwave, and worst of all a foreign grocery store where I choose foods based only on look. Recently I became tired of less than delicious food so I started researching recipes and planing meals, not something I have done before. In Michigan I mostly cook without recipes and based on what in my refrigerator needs to be eaten quickly before it goes bad.
Today's meal was spring rolls. Rice paper wrappers filled with sauteed carrots, bean sprouts, and cabbage then topped with rice noodles and avocado. The dipping sauce is a combination of
tsuyu (the concentrate for dashi or Japanese broth), green onions, garlic and minced ginger. I started with a recipe from vegcooking.com, but ended up making modifications as I went along. I took the leftovers to work for lunch and shared some with my co-workers who gave them good reviews.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

looks delicious you can make that when I come!