Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Blame it on the Train

I had a good trip with great friends in Milwaukee over the weekend.  As I previously mentioned, departure on Friday was from Muskegon  on the Lake-Express ferry.  I've taken the ferry a few times and when the water is very calm it's a nice ride otherwise it can turn your stomach.  Luckily I had nice blue skies for departure.
On Saturday we took a brew-pub crawl by boat through Milwaukee.
A lovely view of Lake Michigan from the hotel.
On Sunday afternoon I took Amtrak from Milwaukee to Chicago and then Chicago to Detroit.  Everyone who takes Amtrak has a horror story about delays, but I the ferry was out of service on Sunday so I had limited options.  The leg of the trip to Chicago was great and I enjoyed a nice layover lounging in the Great Hall at Union Station.
The second leg of the trip from Chicago was slow, I ended up getting back to Royal Oak after 2:00am, more than an hour late. Ive been trying to catch up on sleep ever since.

PS I'm working on a basement update for tomorrow.

No comments: