Thursday, June 9, 2011

Now That it's Fixed I'm Ready to Talk About it

The night my Dad installed the sliding door it felt like everything went wrong with it.  The doors I purchased are hollow and pretty much the cheapest thing ever so after trimming them to height there was no material left to screw into - that was the first thing that went wrong.  The second issue was with the track.  After hanging the doors they interfered with each other during the movement...
The next day, while I was at work and my Dad was hard at work finishing the molding he discovered the root cause. The rollers that attach the doors to the tracks are intended to be different between the outer and inner door - I hadn't read the directions closely enough so we had one of each roller type on each of the doors.
By making a custom reinforcement and getting the rollers in the correct arrangement my Dad got the doors running smoothly.  All that's left is for me to do is some painting.

No comments: