Thursday, June 16, 2011

I've Arrived

My flight landed in Japan on Tuesday night as the sun was setting and ever since the sky has been this color, but the gray sky hasn't stopped me from wanting to sit in the hotel window Lost In Translation style
I haven't done much, but work since I got here.  The new R&D office that was being built during my ICT is finished, it is much much better than the old office and has a special cooling system that is making the temperature more comfortable. Everything looks modern, bright, and new (except the desk chairs.) The cafeteria was also remodeled to double the previous size and there are many more meal options including a salad bar.  Due to the earthquake one of the three elevators was shutdown to save power and there are signs encouraging taking the elevator to save power, the bathroom hand driers are also turned off, but the heated toilet seats are still on.

Tomorrow I am headed to a meeting in Gunma via Tokyo on the Shinkansen, so I picked up some convenience store breakfast along with my dinner.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Hey, welcome back to the land of the rising sun!

I've got to do that same/similar Gunma trip again shortly myself, to Oota. :)

Lindsay-Jean said...

Ahhhh so fun! Any places you're going to revisit? Any new places you're going to hit this weekend? Could I request a teeny spot in your suitcase to be filled with wasabi kakipea pretty please? :)

Kathy said...

I love the view! have a good trip and enjoy your breakfast. Great to hear from you.