Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wandering Around

This afternoon, I took a much anticipated trip back to my old neighborhood.  First stop, Harvest Hills, my old apartment building. I lived in the third floor middle apartment, the tree is almost as tall as the balcony now. The tiny garage looks the same.
 
From the apartment I walked over to the grocery store, Valor. Honestly, it didn't make sense to pick up souvenir snacks and drag than back to Toyota City on the hour long subway/train ride, but I did it anyway for old time sake. Next on my tour I wanted to get green tea soft serve, but the place I had in mind was closed (or has been changed to another business?) so I continued on to Heiwa Park.
Pretty as I was walking up the steps to this monument it started to rain so rather than continuing on to Daiso I went back to the hotel.  One of the things I disliked about my stay in Japan was getting wet all the time...walking into work with wet shoes and my pant legs soaked up to the knees really irritated me.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see your visit and that you can go back to old neighborhood - what fun : Weather here jas been outstanding and every day sunny and just warm enought to enjoy each day: Miss you but I am thinking you are really enjoying visit - work but still can see Japan. Love Gram

Kathy said...

rain rain go away