Saturday, March 7, 2009

Peach Kit Kat

I have been looking forward to Spring since my arrival in Japan so I am not ashamed that so much of what I find interesting these days is seasonal. Last week A and M were telling me about the Spring Kit Kat flavors so this past weekend I picked up the White Peach and Yellow Peach.

They were pretty good, but I don’t need to stock up on them. A also explained why Kit-Kat has become so popular in Japan, apparently through marketing they have made the pronunciation of Kit Kat ‘kitto katsu, which means sure win. This naming has made the candy a popular treat for parents to give children before tests or sports events. Because of the popularity several seemingly bizarre limited edition flavors have been made for the Japanese market including, Cherry Blossom, Iced Tea, Carmel and Salt, Soybean, Chestnut, Green Tea, Apple, Orange, Latte, Kiwi, Strawberry, Cantaloupe, Mango, Red Bean, Green Grape Muscat, Soy Sauce, Grilled Corn, Potato, Candied Sweet Potato, Roasted Tea, Black Sugar, Watermelon and Salt, Pumpkin, and Lemon.

1 comment:

Lindsay-Jean said...

I thought the yellow peach was pretty tasty! And I'm a fan of the muscat flavor too...