Sunday, January 16, 2011

Exhausted

My hands are so tired they are hardly capable of typing. I woke up early this morning, cooked a Swiss chard and Camembert frittata for breakfast and then went to work on the basement.
This is how things looked at the end of the day, pretty messy!
Last night at put my curtains back up so I could work at night without feeling like I am on-stage.  The shiny thing between the curtains is the new duct work that took three frustrating hours to install. It was a job that I should have been patient enough to wait for help to complete.  The 5ft section hanging in the ceiling actually fell on my head at one point.  Another project today was insulation.  I removed the paper backing from the existing insulation (since it is not code to use in a basement) and installed a roll of insulation I had laying around.
Framing is, still, almost done.  I have a plan for finishing the remaining side of the door opening, just need to make another trip to Home Depot for more wood and screws.  As a reward for a day of hard work completed I made this desert.

No comments: