Monday, January 10, 2011

On Hold

My plan to install a 6ft door between the finished and unfinished sections of the basement is on hold after I learned that the 6ft window I had hoped to bring it through only has one removable pane not two.  This is putting any further framing on hold.  I visited Home Depot this evening hoping they would have an idea, but the only suggestion they had was disassembling the frame to get it down the stairway and then reassembling it in the basement.

I am also in a holding pattern because after moving some junk that was in front of the existing framed wall I learned that it is not inline with the metal support pole. So it looks like I will be building this wall out another two inches to hide the pole in the wall.
This area is turning out to be more tricky than I expected, the duct work is also blocking the trusses so I'm not sure how I'll attach the top plate for the wall around the furnace. So much for thinking I was on schedule - now I'm into the tricky work.

No comments: