Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Stuck

On my lunch break I came home and set up a section of wall so that when my Uncle came over tonight things would progress quickly.

Even though I cut the studs 1/8 short, the wall is still too tall and is on hold until next Tuesday when Uncle can bring a punch power planer to know the nails in and locally trim a 1/16 inch off the top plate.
I really think my method of installing one stud at a time is better than building the whole wall in place.  No one likes toe nailing, but it is better than ending up with a wall that doesn't fit. Despite the setback I was able to install seven boards today and I only stopped because I didn't want to make my neighbors hate me.

With extra energy remaining I was able to finish the medicine cabinet!
I just need to touch up the paint where I market shelf heights, but my stuff is moved back in.