Saturday, January 8, 2011

On Schedule

Today M helped me install the drop down to go around the duct work.  I decided to go with option c and lower the ceiling over the entire width of the stairwell door.  There are still have some more pieces to fit in immediately next to the duct since I don't think the drywall can span the entire distance being lowered without additional support.
Also completed today was finishing up the end of the "stuck wall" and tearing out of the studs to make way for the HVAC vent I was convinced to reroute since you can't heat a basement from the ceiling.
I ran out of 2x4s, yet again, with just the short wall to hide the furnace remaining.
If I can stand to venture out for more wood while the temperatures are in the teens I should be able to finish up the framing tomorrow (less "stuck wall").

1 comment: