Monday, January 26, 2009

Central Heat

Did I get lucky and leave MI during an exceptionally cold Winter? Or have I forgotten how much complaining it takes to make it though MI Winter? I get messages from people in MI about how cold it is and how much snow is on the ground more than once a week. My response: it may be a whole lot colder there than it is in Nagoya, but at least you have central heat. In my apartment I have two boxes on the wall, one in the bedroom and one in the living area, that function as air conditioners in the summer and heaters in the winter. The problem with the boxes is that they only adjust the temperature in a small area and do so at an outrageously high electricity cost. This means that my bathroom never gets warm. A few days this week it has been cold enough that I could see my breath while brushing my teeth before bed.

No comments: