Saturday, January 17, 2009

Trash Complication

After being woken up early this morning by water pipe construction happening on the road below my balcony I then had the unfortunate experience of finding a dead bird when I stepped outside to see what all the noise was about. First I felt sorry for the bird, but my next thought was, 'now, what type of trash classification does a dead bird fall into?' In my condo complex at home I don't even have curbside recycling, but here I've got an annoyingly large number of categories that trash must be sorted into. Burnable, Non-Burnable, Paper containers, Plastic packaging, PET bottles, glass, metal containers...I am pretty confident that the bird is Burnable. In 6 months this extensive level of sorting trash still hasn't become second nature and I often end up with daily piles of trash needing to be sorted.

1 comment:

lynchrs said...

I read this blog to Mom and her suggestion is that you throw the bird on the balcony of one of your Japanese neighbors and let them deal with it. The trash sorting categories should hopefully make more sense to them. She's cracking herself up with this suggestion of hers, just so you know. :)