Saturday, January 31, 2009

Company Jackets

Since the weather has gotten cooler company jackets are out in full force. With the economic issues, the heat has been turned off in the hallways but no one can complain when given a jacket to keep warm. It seams that the engineers from each company in Japan have a signature jacket provided by their company. These jackets are required uniform in the labs, but commonly seen throughout the office.
With this arrangement it is easy to identify, contract workers, suppliers, and customers without having to squint to see their badges. I dislike the fit of my jacket, but follow the When in Rome rule and occasionally wear it. For many of my coworkers the company jacket seams to be a way to show company pride, from what I gather they are just a letter away from a varsity jacket.

1 comment:

CousinSteph said...

"...one letter away from a Varsity jacket." That makes me smile!