Friday, May 6, 2011

Columbus, OH

Last Saturday I talked M into driving with me to Columbus on a couch scouting (more on that later) trip.  I like road trips, but a little less so when gas is over $4/gallon.

For lunch we went to Northstar Cafe.  I had the Northstar Burger "Just made with organic brown rice, black beans and beets, topped with white cheddar, lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion + simple salad."  I like beets and they were a nice veggie burger addition, but the real highlight was the café vinaigrette.

*Notice how green the trees are just 3 hours south?
On our way out we noticed a sign for Jeni's Ice Cream which I recognized instantly from Lindsay's blog.  I sampled the Goat Cheese with Cognac Fig Sauce and Olive Oil with Sea-Salted Pepitas, but ended up going with the a scoop each of Honey Butter Cake and Brown Butter Almond Brittle.  I'm now craving more of the Goat Cheese Fig.

No comments: