Saturday, May 7, 2011

Couch Hunting

I'm on the hunt for a sectional for the basement - I need something to sit on if I'm ever going put the TV to use. Ikea is usually my first try for furniture, but when I looked in January I didnt see/feel anything that was right.  I'm not sure if I tested the "KIVIK," or not, I might like it if it had full height arms.
image from  http://www.ikea.com
The second place I have luck finding furniture is West Elm.  Browsing their website I liked the "Blake"

and the "Henry"
 
I wanted to test these two sofas out and the nearest West Elm is on Columbus.  Unfortunately neither of these was comfortable, but luckily the mall also had a Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware and Crate and Barrel.  Of the 15 or 20 sofas I sat on far and away the most comfortable was from the Pottery Barn "Comfort Collection."

The bad news is this one starts around $3000.  The search will continue.

No comments: