Saturday, May 14, 2011

What Remains?

Doing a mental tally of what construction tasks remain:

1) Flooring - Did I mention that I miscalculated the square footage and came up one box of cork short?  I forgot to include the stairwell.  The box is scheduled for delivery Monday.
 2) Baseboard -  The baseboard that I used throughout the rest of the house is too narrow for the floating cork so I'll need to also use quarter round I need to calculate how much material I need and get it painted / stained.
3) Windowsills - I decided on granite because in the Winter I'd like to put plants on the sill and I worry about wood being damaged.  The granite has been ordered and will arrive around May 25th.
4) Door - After I rejected the poor quality French door from Home Depot my Dad suggested sliding doors. I priced them out and they will cost about 1/4 of a French Door.
 5) Molding - The current door and the new sliding door need molding, I'd like to match existing door molding.
 6) Heat Register - it just needs to be installed, why have I procrastinated this long?

No comments: