Sunday, May 15, 2011

Window Covering

This post was supposed to be about stick-to-it-iveness, but I ran into trouble that I couldn't overcome.  Yesterday's project was hanging curtains, I wanted this to be a one day project and I wasn't going to let anything stop me. Step one was calculating how wide to set the rods and correct spacing with respect to the window.  My personal preference is to hang curtains high and wide trying to make the window look as large as possible.
The first road block, came when I tried to drill into the heat duct.  Why does the heat duct have to run in exactly the same place where the curtain rod bracket needs to go?  This issue was solved with a very short metal drywall anchor and an equally short fine threaded screw.
So far so good and it's still light outside.  Next stage, sew some curtains. I had about 4 yards of fabric and it took exactly 2.5 to make one panel, no problem, Joann Fabrics is about 2 miles away.  Unfortunately, they only had less than 2 yards in stock and I'll need to place a special order to get more.
On the upside I have a lot of molding to paint / stain while I'm waiting for the fabric.

No comments: