Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fainting is Generational

Monday I had my company health check. M did a great job explaining how the company health check is run, so go read his blog! In addition to the efficiency that M mentioned I was also given a Kanban Card, which is a type of identification used for products in Toyota manufacturing, to process me through the assembly line physical.

The second to last stop in the physical was giving blood samples, it seamed to go fine until about three minutes into the five minute mandatory rest after the samples were taken. I got a bit light headed put my head on my knees and fainted. I blame it on not being given juice, but the nurses blamed it on low blood pressure. At the final station, a stethoscope check by a doctor I-san, who acompanied me, mentioned to the doctor that I had fainted. The doctor's response, through I-san, was that people of my generation dont faint after giving blood. I wish I'd had to time to get a more through explination of what he was trying to say because that opinion sounds like nonsense to me.

No comments: