Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lazy Weekend

This past weekend was my first full weekend since the first weekend in February without a visitor. While I love having company and running allover to see new things it was nice to take a weekend off.

A left for Hawaii on Friday so this week I will be without my lunch companion which was just the nudge I needed to get a Japanese bento lunchbox. During my assignment I have occasionally taken my lunch to work, usually when I got sick of the options in the cafeteria, but A and M made fun of how I packed my lunches in Gladware style plastic containers. Japanese lunch boxes are small, for example mine is two 300ml containers and as I learned from http://www.justbento.com the number is ml the containers hold is roughly equal to the number of calories you can pack in.
My first lunch in the new box isn't very traditional because it is missing the rice, but bean sprouts were on sale so I went with them instead. So today for lunch, in addition to bean sprouts, I will be having sweet and sour vegetables and baked tofu with orange sections.I love how it closes up and latches together. The real test for this box is going to come when I get back to MI put it in my bag for a bike ride to work.

No comments: