Monday, June 29, 2009

Tofu Course Meal

On Saturday I went out for a 4600 yen tofu course meal with A (center) and M to say good bye to M. I don't love plain tofu, but depending on how it is prepared I think it can taste really delicious. I couldn't even keep track of how many courses we were served, but A had warned me not to eat lunch and to arrive extra hungry because it was going to be a lot of food.

The highlight was tofu that was prepared fresh at the table in the metal box with handles at the bottom of this photo.
When we arrived the container was filled with a liquid soy milk mixture and covered with a wooden lid, but a heating element under the box was used to solidify the mixture. While waiting for the fresh tofu to form we were served other items like breaded tofu fried on a hot rock.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

looks delicious and I like Misa haircut!