Thursday, June 18, 2009

Studio A Hair Salon


The consultant company that my company uses for my relocation is H&R. Until last month they had a monthly e-mail newsletter, the xpat-files. I really like Aki-san who cuts my hair, when he asked me which English advertising sources in Nagoya I referenced most frequently I decided to write a blurb about his hair salon which appeared in the June edition of the xpat-files. Here it is:

Tel: 052-773-2003

Hours: Tue~ Sat 10:00~20:00, Sun 10:00~19:00, Closed 2nd & 3rd Tue

Website: http://studioa.ciao.jp In Japanese, but it includes a map and coupon.

My first experience having my hair cut in Japan turned out OK, but I
 was a little disappointed because the result wasn't worth the
 communication trouble. Luckily, a co-worker introduced me to Studio A
 near Issha station (Higashiyama line). The stylist, Akihito Kawamoto,
 worked 5 years at Coiffuer salon in New York City before returning to
Japan and opening Studio A. Each visit Aki-san considers my requests
 and then offers his suggestions, which have included cutting the bangs
 such that they grow out more gracefully. I always leave feeling
 pampered and excited about my haircut!

No comments: